Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pop-Pop's Birthday and 70 degree weather

Enough with my pessimism already I am tired of Bloggin about the Market. Do you blame me? Today is about 70 degree weather, spring, family memories, and good people! Friday was Pop-Pop's Birthday! He turned 95! Pop is a loving man that is a bit of a grandpa figure to me. He and his whole family have always treated me like - well - family. Since the grass is always greener on the other side I can admit that there were times growing up that I too wished to be a part of his family. Don't get me wrong, I love and cherish my blood family deeply. However, Nana and Pop-Pop are and will always be a part of my life. The odd thing is that although I am not "family"... I really am. Not through marriage but through love and a sense of community that still exists. At least I know it existed this afternoon on the corner of 10th and Logan in downtown Noblesville at a small restaurant named Eddies Corner Cafe. It was there that I once again realized that small town Indiana still exists, along with it's values, family, love, and community. I love "Pop-Pop" as we all call him. I love him like family - well ... he really is! Happy 95th Birthday! On a side note - my Grandma Rose turned 104 on April 15th. What an amazing story that would make some day!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, that was so sweet, Jason. You are family...blood has nothing to do with it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete