Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And the best school is..........


Today marked the first day of school for my daughter Lilian. She was quite excited about the bus ride! I was not excited to see her leave. However, I don't know many parents who LOVE to send their children off to school. I do have high expectations for my daughter and our school district. This is why we chose to live here. Many homeowners/homebuyers do tend to put a high value on the quality of education, or should I say, the perceived quality of education that the community provides.

There are many quality websites that provide school statistics. The Indiana Department of Education website does provide a lot of data for your review. Here you can compare schools, review annual school performance reports, you can also look into the ISTEP test results.

In my case, I hope to be as interactive with my children's schooling as possible. See, in the end I feel that education is what you make of it. I would like to think my support and encouragement is the biggest key to success for my children.

1 comment: