Friday, July 24, 2009

THE HOMES MUST BE STAGED

I have to give major "props" to MIBOR. The marketing of the BLC is spectacular. I honestly do not know a better way to market your home for sale than with a MIBOR member/REALTOR. "obviously" you may say - "you ARE a realtor". Time and time again I sell homes VERY quickly in this bad economy. I don't know if it is just hard work, salesmanship, and hustle or just ...well...MIBOR marketing. I have, however, taken a stance this week. I am going to pay for a home stager to consult with the my clients/sellers each home I list over $200,000.

I find it that important. It is important for the sellers to set their product above the competition. Staging can be a difficult process. Every person has their idea and perception of colors and furniture placement. We each live in our homes as a dwelling, not a showroom. I made a stand. My listings are a product to be properly merchandised. My clients want me to sell quickly. Therefore it is my responsibility to do just that...sell quickly.

I listed an average home in a middle class area of Fishers last month. The home was staged. I sold that home in less than three weeks for more $/SF than any other home on recent record. I could chalk it up to luck, good signage, good weather, and an AWESOME listing realtor. Naw, I am giving the props to two areas: MIBOR and their members and the stager. The second of which has finally "sold me" on the importance of a proper third party critique of product presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment