Friday, June 26, 2009

Man in the mirror

Well, what a week. I often thought that when Lucille Ball and George Burns passed, those would be big moments. See, I really saw them as the consummate showmen. As Lori can attest. I loved Michael. O.K., I admit it. I really did. My favorite was song of his was "Man in the Mirror". (I know the link is to a Reggie Miller Highlight Film set to Smooth Criminal - I love that too!) I was even listening to it this week after my workout. I listen to MJ during most of my limited listening time. Unlike Lucy and George, who were a bit "pre-me", Michael did define my generation. Michael was, well, a direct hit at my generation.


Looking back at my (and the world's) admiration of Michael- it bordered somewhat upon that of idol status. I would watch the videos endlessly and know every step (at least I thought) from the thriller to the moonwalk. My faith has taught me to be weary of appointing the idol status. Yet, I don't regret it. My focus was fun and innocent. I mean - come on now - did anyone really think he was "Bad" or simply entertaining.

I got to see Michael in Wrigley field. I still have the ticket stub and pictures, thanks again to Lori! I obviously don't and have not idolized him for quite a while. I still love his message though. "I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. No message can have been any clearer. If you want to make the world a better place better look at yourself and make the change."



So, how does this relate to Real Estate. It is a stretch, I admit. Keep plugging away and do what you love to do. Your HIStory will be etched.



Miss ya Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment