Monday, March 16, 2009

Take my sofa PLEASE!!

Nice sofa... REALLY?!?

Throughout a typical day I might go and view anywhere from 3 to 4 homes that are for sale. As people prepare or stage their homes to get ready for my viewings I wonder what goes through their mind. My thought is that the furniture that is being displayed really has to have a purpose. You need to use the piece often or it has to add some sort of aesthetic beauty to your space. I wondered, does this piece really have a place or purpose?

I have a wonderful sleeper sofa dating back to the 1980's hiding in my basement right now! No, this is not a picture of my sofa. I found a great place that you can donate your furniture and they will pick it up for free! YEP! St. Vincent Depaul Society - 317-687-1006. They call themselves "friends of the poor". However, with this service I call them friends of the entire community! (I have also heard that the Salvation Army provides a similar service.)

No comments:

Post a Comment