Tuesday, January 4, 2011

However the Buck Stops Here


The holidays always try my patience. The respect for the almighty dollar really deminishes during that time. True, there are a lot people who seem to think they are getting good deals during this time. The worst thing about the Holiday Season is that 99% of all my transactions always contained one of three words..."However", "But", or the worst of all "BUCKS"!

Why you may ask...does that bother me? Good deals always seem to be tied to some other "thing". You may have to open up a new credit card. You need to buy two of the same item. You may need to come back tomorrow to use the coupon.. My latest experience was from a Disney Representative who said, "You can get a cheap hotel room, however you have to book it 14 days out. But, without an Disney Visa card you wont be able to save the $50 bucks."

That made me think - when someone refers to my money as "BUCKS" does that mean they are belittling my money? No, it may mean that it is not worth much...or...does it mean it is worth a lot? I don't know... I just feel it is disrespectful. It makes me think that there are a bunch of them (bucks) running around somewhere and I need to just lean out the window and grab one. I guess this is silly but why don't we call it a "dollar" or "dollars". I know it's old school, YET, when I am selling a property I respect my client's money - every last cent - enough to call it what it is.

Home sales are littered with contingencies(Buts), counter offers (Howevers), and obvious fiscal negotiations/responsibilities (BUCKS). I've learnedthat the dollar's value is different to each person. I have also learned that you can never go wrong with respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment