Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010 Indy Home Show Review - Time Shares for sale

I love the Indianapolis Home Show. However, I think it should be called the Gizmo's, Gadgets, and Repair Expo. Do you need a mop to pick up dog hair? Would you like information on time shares? At least 50% of the vendors/sponsors at the "show" draw up some lineal relationship as to their importance to our homes that does not make sense at my "Home" show. For example: pots and pans, chocolates, foot massagers, red wine smoothies, pecans and pistachios, hot tubs, vacuums, children's toys and books, Avon, cocktails, candles and air fresheners, Toyota cars, newspapers, exercise equipment, dresses and sweaters......all of these do not "tickle" my interest. I honestly heard a Michael Moore look alike time-share salesman shout out "Wanna go to Branson...I got my H1 shot so it is safe to talk to me!" WOW! That is exactly what I came to hear at the "Home" show! Run, Forest, Run!!!!!

My favorite "find" was Phil Ping, a professional arborist and tree expert. Now, meeting him was, honestly, worth the price of admission. My clients have lots of tree questions that I could not answer; now I can! Flooring Artisan J.L. Stader and Visions in Hardscapes (decorative concrete expert) were two other cards to keep! The center piece home was expectedly dirty and overdone. The blue neon "MAN CAVE" sign was fun and tasteless. However, to the these and the rest of the true "Home" vendors who support this adventure to the fair grounds each year I applaud you. This show really does start the "spring" house selling season. This "Vendor Fair" is educating, entertaining, and fun!

Now, onto the Flower and Patio Show - I am looking forward to more chocolates and time-shares!

2 comments:

  1. I also love the Indiana home show. Its always been a great watching for me. Its my heart favorite. I just love to watch this show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason-

    Stacy Pratt sent me to your blog because you mention J.L. Stader flooring from the Home Show. I am now the Managing Partner of J.L. Stader and was happy to see that you liked our flooring products! We are collaborating with Vive Exterior Design for the Patio Show starting tomorrow through March 21st. If you have a chance and make it to the show, check out their garden and let me know what you think of our reclaimed outdoor design products. Also, you can check out our website to see the other products we offer: www.jlstader.com.

    Hope your business is going well!

    Heidi Heldt

    ReplyDelete